1. 1/3 of your life is spent sleeping.
2. Everybody dreams – Majority of people do not remember their dreams.
3. A lack of dream activity could imply a protein deficiency or personality disorder.
4. In one night, a personally generally dreams 1-2 hours every nights, 4-7 dreams in one night.
5. Blind people dream, their senses (smell, sound, and interpretation) play a major role. They do have visuals as well.
6. Five minutes after the dream, half of it is forgotten.
7. Brain waves are the most active when your dreaming, even stronger than being awake.
8. The self becomes apart of dreams around age 3 through age 7-8
9. We only dream of what we know- the mind does not invent new faces, every person in your dream, stranger or not, is someone or something you have encountered at some point in your life.
10. Everyone does not dream in color1
11. Dreams are trying to tell you something.
12. The body is paralyzed during sleep “Glands begin to secrete a hormone that helps induce sleep and neurons send signals to the spinal cord which cause the body to relax and later become essentially paralyzed.”
13. You cannot dream and snore at the same time.
14. The longest dreams occur in the morning.
15. During REM sleep, the flow of the blood and temperature in the brain increases, causing the penis or the clitoris to become erect.
16. Vitamin B complex and the incense Mogwort intensify dreams.
17. Pregnant women are most likely to remember their dreams because of hormonal changes.
18. People who are born blind have no visuals in their dreams.
19. You can translate over 5000 dream symbols.
20. Only you can interpret your dream, because it is based off your life, emotions, and time of action.